'This or That: Beauty Edition' Tag

04:17
Today I'm going to try something a little different for my blog; I'm going to answer a makeup tag! I always find these things interesting, and I hope you all do too!



1. Blush or Bronzer

Whilst I love to contour my cheeks, forehead and jawline, I never really use bronzer. I'm not even sure I own one, though I was eyeing up a Makeup Revolution bronzer palette the other day... But blush is a staple for me. I love putting a matte blush just above my contour to give my cheeks a flush. And with so many different shades to choose from, blush definitely wins this battle!

2. Lipgloss or Lipstick

Again, this one is pretty easy. I've never been interested in lipgloss. It reminds me too much of the early 00's, and the awful fashion trends that decade brought with it! Lipstick, though I don't wear it day-to-day, definitely finishes off a glam look. Matte, again, is my preference here. 

3. Eyeliner or Mascara

This one is finally a bit more difficult. I use eyeliner in practically every eye look I create, but then again that is true with mascara... I think I'm going to have to pick mascara, because this is perhaps the most essential part of any makeup look. Additionally, I have a hooded eye and quite a small lid, meaning that I have to be careful with eyeliner as it is, because it is easy to go too thick and block out the whole lid, leaving no room to show off any eyeshadow. I would definitely go out with just mascara on, but the same cannot be said for just eyeliner.

4. Foundation or Concealer

I am very lucky that I do not have spot-prone skin, and though I do sometimes get spots, I have never felt the need to use much concealer. Because of that, I would definitely go for foundation. Foundation is the much needed base of any makeup look, and I would feel quite bare without it.

5. Neutral or Colour Eyeshadows

Hmmm.... very difficult... I think if I could only have one of these for the rest of my life I'd have to choose neutral colours as these could go with both formal, day and night out looks. However, I would really miss the fun that colourful eyeshadows brings to a makeup look, so I'm glad this is only a theoretical decision...

6. Pressed or Loose Eye Shadows

I only own one loose eye shadow, so I would have to say pressed. Pressed eyeshadows are just so much tidier, and tend to come in palettes (which I'm obsessed with). Loose eye shadows are harder to apply in my opinion, and would take up more room in my already full makeup collection.

7. Brushes or Sponges


Well this very much depends on the part of the face you are applying product to. I much prefer sponges for the face, especially for liquids. Foundation can look streaky when applied with a brush, whereas a sponge will pat it in nicely and provide a more even look. However, for my eyes, eyebrows and powder face products I would definitely use brushes. Therefore, I would have to say brushes because I could use them for most of my makeup, even if my foundation looked a bit streaky, but I would have no idea how to apply eyeshadow or an eyebrow pomade with a sponge!

Do you agree with my choices? Let me know in the comments! I hope you enjoyed this little makeup tag, and if you have any questions you want me to answer next time be sure to let me know!


EBB x

2 comments:

  1. Loved this blog post!!! I for one definitely like these kind of tags, hope to see some more like this in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.